Thursday, August 12, 2010

Apr 10 - NZ Uni Games

Kia Ora,

I’m out of the office from Wed 14 Apr to Fri 16 Apr.

I’m down in Invervegas to take on Tim in a motorcycle race (long story) on Oreti Beach and then oyster shucking. The local TAB has me as favourite for the oyster shucking but Tim is tipped to take out the race. I think it is because of the crazy glint in his eyes. Either way it’ll be good practice for Tim because apparently he has another race on his hands against some lady.

While I’m down here I’ll also be checking out the competition at the NZ Uni Games, organised by my buddy Dene (who I owe a big high five, you know why Dene). There are 20 odd sports going on including surfing, hockey, lawn bowls and debating. Not sure when debating became a sport, but I do know how arguing can get a bit heated and result in a few haymakers. Remember its not OK.

Grabaseat is bringing the party to the games including flying in J Williams and Opshop. Tors and I got a sweet photo with J Williams at the airport, before he jumped into his stretch SUV and rolled into town. He is playing tonight and then Opshop are playing at the closing ceremony on Friday. At the gigs I am going to show everyone my Michael Jackson dance moves.  I’ve seen Thriller ten times.

I’ll be checking my emails randomly. I was expecting to have to plug my laptop into a kinetic energy type contraption and with a bung knee I wasn’t looking forward to it. But they have broadband and I even have SKY TV in my room. Who’d of thunk it?

If it is urgent please give me a bell on 021 847 480.

Choice.

Sunil

No comments:

Post a Comment