Thursday, August 12, 2010

Jan 10 - BDO

Gidday,

Cheers for your e-mail.

I'm out of the office getting amongst it at the BDO (which is what all us cool kids call the Big Day Out).

I'd usually say "if you can't wait for my return, please email my manager Duane", but because his New Years resolution was to be 10% awesomer in 20-10 (which is how all us cool kids say the year) he will be cutting shapes (which is how all us cool kids dance) at the BDO as well.  If it is urgent then please holla (which is how all us cool kids describe a phone call) on 021 847 480, although I don't know if I will be able to talk and mosh at the same time.  Don't bother trying to holla to Duane, he will be in the Silent Disco after accepting a "vitamin" from a very smiley stranger.

If you like you can email my buddy Tors (Victoria.Hooper@airnz.co.nz). She is new to the team and is probably having the best day without me and Duane around.  In fact you probably won't have any luck with her after midday, because she would have left to start her weekend.  She's a bit of a weekend warrior.  My other new buddy Jax might still be beavering away, you could always try her (Jacqui.Beaver@airnz.co.nz).

If you are joining Duane and me at the BDO laters to cut shapes and mosh, here are some survival tips:
- Crowdsurfing: Your chances of a face plant are directly proportional to your weight and this activity is not recommended for those over 80kg.
- Water: The bottled stuff may be expensive but at least you can refill for free at the toilets.
- Moshing: Know your arse from your elbow. Remember where those sharp bits are once your arms are above your head.
- Beyond the main stages: Make sure you check out the sounds from the smaller stages with the best in up and coming local acts.

C'mon New Zealand. Get amongst it.

Cheers, Sunil

No comments:

Post a Comment