Thursday, August 12, 2010

May 10 - Nelson

Kia Ora

I am out of the office on Fri 07 May getting amongst it in sunny Nelson.

Actually that is a blatant lie, I am probably not getting amongst anything and will more likely be maxing my chillaxing (see what I did there).  It’s a pretty good destination for a spot of R&R – which is much needed after our Opshop One Day Ten Gigs mission last Saturday (check the www.grabaseatmusicmonth.co.nz site for a bit of a story and some pics). Our grabaseat weekender blurb about Nelson will give you a taste of what I’m in for:

“Nelson is the bohemian, crystal-waving heart of New Zealand that immediately tunes you into cruise mode. Endless sunshine, great food and sparkling sea encourage the free-thinking and easy living. This is a town of cafes, galleries and markets filled with artists, craftspeople and reinvented hippies, with every one of them a lively conversation waiting to happen. So get into the local vibe - loosen your drawstrings, let your feet go naked on the beach and realign your aura.”

Although this copy has gotten under the skin of some Nelsonians and I have received a few frustrated emails from the local tourism office, who don’t think there are any “hippies” left and are trying to shake off this stereotype. Luckily I removed the word “feral” which was originally before “hippies”. That would have really made them choke on their tofu.

I reckon they should do a bit more chillaxing themselves and lean into it…and I’m going to help by not showering.

If you are desperate to get hold of me then send me a message via telepathy or if you have too much negative energy for that then you can try calling me on 021 847 480. Otherwise I will get back to you on Monday once I have awoken from my meditative trance.

Peace.

P.S. If you are an Air NZer based in The Hub, I brought a pile of fruit the other day to combat my man-flu, but didn't eat it all so help yourselves. Or else it might smell as bad as I am going to after not showering all weekend. Stinky.

No comments:

Post a Comment