Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Aug 10 - Kids of 88, Salsa and Rugger Buggers

Yello

I am out of the office on Fri 20 Aug…actually I left the office at 3:37pm on Thu 19 Aug 10.

I am having or have had (depending on when you are reading this) a meeting with Ashley the manager of Kids of 88, who have just released their debut album “Sugarpills” and scored a sweet 4/5 from Scott Kara (which, according to my school c mathematical calculations equates to a solid 80%, ironically more than I got for school c maths): http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10667206.

And I’m not just telling you that because the lads were kind enough to give us a shout out at the Passion Pit concert…it’s because they thanked me (a kid of 77), Tors (who loves kids) and Jax (a kid of 66, ancient-as) in the album cover.  Best album ever! Don’t be a spaz, get it and enjoy being ace.

After the meeting I’ll be donning my lycra sequined one-piece number and dashing off to my Salsa dancing class. 1, 2, 3…5, 6, 7. I know what you are thinking, gayness, but I reckon Norm Hewitt, Tim Shadbolt, Rodney Hide, Paul Holmes, Shane Cortese and Tamati Coffey…hmmm…anyway, I reckon they were onto it. Basically ‘cause you get to hold hands, hug and swing your hips in unison with not just one chick, but a bunch of chicks!

Shane even scored someone else’s missus out of it.

I suppose I should also tell you why I’m not in the office on Friday.

Well, next year there will be cruise-ship-loads of Bulldogs, Frogs and Dingo’s coming down here to attend a massive party that John Key is hosting in a shed by Auckland’s magnificent ferry terminal. To celebrate this auspicious occasion Air NZ are holding a mini rugger bugger tourney in Chch, North Island XV vs South Island XV and the winner playing a World XV. I was selected for the North Island XV based on the handful of games I played while on my OE in Canada and my touch skills, although Tors reckons I’m just the token Indian and will actually be a cheerleader. I’ve got news for you Tors, I am on the bench and when I get my chance I’ll be owning a corner of the field like “Bernies Corner” at Athlete Park.

I might even open a dairy on it.

I think Duane (Duane.Perrott@airnz.co.nz) is in the office, although with the rest of the team away he might decide to stay at home on Friday, especially after being up all night watching the cricket.

You could try and catch me, like the opposition (good luck) on 021 847 480.

Otherwise have a great weekend.

Righto (sorry to the poor guy who found this sign-off offensive in the last grabaseat email)

Sunil

No comments:

Post a Comment